I really loved the look of the DIY coloring book photo frame that I created with my younger daughter, so my older daughter and I created another take on the idea. We decided to wrap a frame in the page she colored, similar to some other wrapped frames I have done! I love including her own artwork, as well as all of the bright colors she used!
What you need:
- Coloring Page
- Frame (I used a 5×7)
- Scrapbook Page Cutter (If you need to trim edges)
- X-acto knife
- Spray Adhesive
- Mod Podge
- Foam Brush
- Something to cut on
1.First color your fun page! Then, since I printed my pages from online, I trimmed the blank margins off with my scrapbook page cutter. It will still work if you skip this step since they will be hidden on the back side of the frame. Then flip the page over and center the frame in the middle of the back. Using your ruler and the straight line where the frame edges come together, place a dot 1″ from the edge of the corner. Do this on all 4 corners.
2. Use the straight edge of your ruler and an X-acto to cut a line from dot to dot- cutting out a square from the center of the coloring page.
3.This is what your colored page should look like at this point.
4. Set the page aside and spray adhesive to the front of the frame. Make sure to have something under it. I used this mat- you may want to avoid any paper products as they will stick to the frame. Once this is done center the frame face down on the back of the coloring page. Flip it over and rub the front of the coloring page to make sure it is adhered to the frame and there are no bubbles.
5. Flip the frame back over and cut from corner of the frame to the dot you made in step 1. Do this on all 4 corners.
6. Spray adhesive on the inner portion of the frame and fold the flaps you made onto the inside, set in portion of the frame back where the glass will sit. Make sure to firmly press the paper into the corners so that it is securely adhered and glass will fit back in place.
7. Using your ruler again for a straight edge, cut from the corner of the frame to the corner of the coloring page. Do this for all 4 corners.
8. Spray adhesive on the back of the frame and fold the flaps around the edges, making sure they adhere to the back.
9. Tip: To make it a little easier to fold and not so bulky on the corners, I snipped the end off of the flap on the 5″ sides of the frame and left the triangular ends on the 7″ sides to cover the corner edges.
10. After all sides are wrapped and adhesive is dry, use your foam brush to cover the frame in a thin layer of Mod Podge to protect it. When the Mod Podge is dry you can reassemble the DIY coloring book photo frame and insert a fun picture. I love being able to display my sweetie’s picture in her own artwork!!
If you enjoyed this post, you may also like these posts from Picture Perfect Mom:
DIY Square Glass Photo Ornaments
DIY Cube Glass Photo Ornaments