Creating a yearbook is hard work. It takes perseverance and creativity. It requires the cooperation of the entire school and a lot of dedication from a few key people. That’s why we want to recognize those individuals who have poured their heart into preserving these memories. Our 2015-2016 Yearbook Legacy Contest Winners receive cash prizes that go towards their yearbook program to help make next year’s book their best one yet.
Schools from all over the nation submit their yearbooks for consideration. They are judged on the following criteria: design and creativity, theme and development, photography, written content, and overall impression. There are two divisions: elementary and middle/high schools.
Here are the winners of the 2015-2016 Legacy Contest and their respective prizes:
1st Place Prize – $500.00 & Plaque
- Elementary Division: Davenport School of the Arts, Davenport, FL
- Middle/High School Division (5-12; K-12) : Pottsville Area High School, Pottsville, PA
2nd Place Prize – $250.00 & Plaque
- Elementary Division: Buffalo Trail Elementary School, Aurora, CO
- Middle/High School Division (5-12; K-12) : Lafayette High School, Wildwood, MO
3rd Place Prize – $150.00 & Plaque
- Elementary Division: Benchley Weinberger Elementary School, San Diego, CA
- Middle/High School Division (5-12; K-12) : Wellsville High School, Wellsville, NY
Congratulations to our winners and thank you to all schools who entered their beautifully crafted yearbooks this year! You made judging very difficult. Remember to prepare for next year’s contest when designing your next yearbook. You could win some really great prizes for your yearbook program!